Yes I am alive and well. I have been meaning to update in forever, I had plenty of time to, plenty of thoughts to share...but sheer laziness has prevented me from doing so.
I hope everyone who tunes in to read my thoughts had a wonderful Christmas and Holiday season topped off with a fantastic New Year! My family and I did as well. We had a lot of quality time, good food, and Santa was good to us.
It was also a very spiritual holiday season. My pastor does something called a Taize' service. It is a service that originates in France with the monasteries. The service starts with some simple chanting of songs and quiet reflections. You sit there in a sanctuary that is dark with candles all over the place and very meditative. It was nice to have that to calm down and reflect on the spirit of Christmas and God's presence. It was a nice time for Britt and I to reflect at the altar and pray together which is something that we haven't done. So it was nice.
It was a nice break to catch up with a lot of friends, Katie S and I went down to the booming town of Latta...oh man...what a wild trip!! What happens in Latta...stays in Latta...which really wasn't all that much. But we got to see Brandy and a car with Show Poodles, so that was the highlight of our adventure.
On the way back to school I blew out my tire and dented my rim...then when I got up to MD my battery died...so needless to say that bummed me out greatly.
But it's good to be back, good to get things started again. I'm looking forward to the semester ahead. It should be interesting!
God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment