Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In the Calm before the Storm...that is in the shape of FINALS!!

Whoa!! I have not posted in quite some time. I apologize, school has been crazy! The next two weeks aren't going to be any easier, so I'm just going to post now and then post when life settles. Which by the way, I'm heading down to the land of cotton around May 9-10ish, Britt may come up to see me before so I am really excited about that!

Two things I want to share, the amazing talent of Susan Boyle that I have been flipping out about and the amazingness of the Middle Schoolers I got to hang out with this past weekend.

First Susan...GO CHECK THIS WOMAN OUT ON YOUTUBE!! Seriously! She is fantastic! Very inspiring...I wrote a big paper on her, I may or may not post it, I don't know.

Secondly, I got to hang out with some of the most amazing middle schoolers. They are a hoot. We went up to Northeast Maryland to this beautiful Bay to hang out, worship God, spend time in God's lovely nature and weather, and clean shaving cream off our clothes and hair...it was great.

I got to see soda come out of one of the girl's noses, I'm not gonna lie I was cracking up. I had to teach her that there is a drain under the soda fountain to remove ice and beverage...she thought it was decoration...idk. I had a kid eat ice cream mixed with pickle juice, bean juice, and got to see him almost puke. Got to hang out with kids and just relax, which I feel for both of the chaperones and kids needed at this time of the year.

I get so many comments when I tell people that I want to work with youth, and that I work with a Middle School Bible Study. They tell me "Bless your heart" or "better you than me." I LOVE working with kids!! I mean I get to laugh about soda hitting a ceiling and wall (let me tell you it was everywhere) and then get to share the Gospel..well not in that moment but in other moments. I love to be able to share ideas that are new to them, and just be in their presence. I have learned almost more from them than they have learned from me. So I think that this is gonna stick, I'm enjoying working with these kids and other kids of this age.

From some of the conversations I've had with the kids I feel that God is doing some crazy things in their lives! Praise God!

School is going swell, I'm hankering for the summer! I'm excited to be home, but I hate that I'm going to miss out on excitement and fun up here. But I can't wait to see what this summer will look like with the SC United Methodist Conference of Youth Ministry! I'm so thrilled. Not only with that, but that I can go camping, see friends and be home :)

No comments: