Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Wrap Up

Well my summer internship is coming to a close. Today is my last day in the office, and Sunday is my last day here. I'm heading to Raleigh on Monday to spend the night with my aunt and then to Spartanburg by way of Rock Hill to see friends!

That's been the hardest part about being away. Missing all my friends in Rock Hill. I mean yea I call them once in awhile (I'm not big on phone conversations), and I text, facebook, etc. But just not being able to pop down the hall to see Amy or Ashley, or drive down to the Casa to see the kids hanging around being up to no good, that's what I've missed the most. (Sure I've missed my family, but they call all the time, and I got to see them...and sometimes it's good to be away from them sometimes). I've missed being around everybody.

But at the same time, I have been welcomed and embraced into this community here in Maryland. The family that has been housing and feeding me have been fantastic! They have really opened up to me and loved me as one of their own! It's been great! I couldn't have been blessed more. They are so hospitable and loving. The staff at the church I'm at are just as welcoming and loving. They are an incredible group of people who are working so hard for the glory of God and not themselves. They are so busy creating, encouraging, and maintaining ministries. God is giong to be doing some BIG things here in the next few years! It's such a blessing to be up here to see it all happen.

But what has really changed my summer around and just made this job even more of a blessing are the youth here. My middle high gang...I can't brag enough about how they have blown me away. They aren't all that shy and reserved as I thought they would be. They are a great group of kids who are hungry to learn. I just pray that the leaders and myself can be able to feed them with knowledge of the word. The high school girls I work with have the same need. They are a great group of girls that are hungry to serve the Lord in any way they can. They have such a passion to help for His glory, it's just so amazing and encouraging to see. It is going to be amazing to watch as they grow and learn, and seek to teach others about God's love for other teens.

I have been so blessed that God has opened up this door for me. It's going to be an incredible journey over the next 3 years! I'm excited to see what God has in store!!

No comments: