Tuesday, March 29, 2011

30 Day Challenge Day 30

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

This is my 80th post! yay! It's sort of pathetic because I have had this blog for 3 years and have only made 80 posts...sigh. This is an important post in many ways. The first being thing is that this is the last day of the "30 Day Challenge!" It has been fun to really open up and share things that I would have never really posted about. I have been delighted and encouraged to see how many of my friends have responded to the challenge.

The other great significance of this post is that it highlights four very important people in my life. These are pictures of my grandparents. These are also my favorite pictures of my grandparents. The left picture is of my dad's parents, his mother is still very much alive and living in SC. I still really miss her when I am away. My paternal grandfather passed away in Nov 2000. My mother's parents are gone as well. My grandmother passed away July 4th 2000, and my grandfather passed away on Memorial Day in 2006.



Each of my grandparents have taught me countless valuable life lessons and told me many stories that still are with me now. My grandfather Chuck (Far right) taught me how to hammer a nail, how to fish, and how to stop being a little drama queen (he would say "oh you deserve an academy aware for that tantrum" kind of mean but a life lesson.) My grandmother Mozelle (pictured with Chuck) taught me what it meant to be a classy lady. My grandmother was always a beautiful  and graceful woman who dressed well and presented herself to be a strong woman. My grandfather Ralph taught me that everything can be fixed with duct tape. He also, without really knowing or trying, taught me how important it is to serve and love those who need the most help. This, I feel, he instilled in all of his children and I see it in their lives as well. My grandmother Angie always teaches me something new about myself. She has taught me what it means to be a tough dame. She is a strong and independent woman. The past 11 years have been tough for her without my grandfather, but she has really been strong. I love talking about religion with her and trying to figure out how to fix the world's problems.

It makes me sad to think about what my grandparent's won't be here to see me do. They won't see me get ordained, married, have kids, but I know just how overwhelmingly proud they are of me. It also makes me cherish the time I have with my remaining grandmother even more.

No comments: