Thursday, February 17, 2011

So I am in a very interesting place in my life. I am close to graduation, so close I can taste it. And while I have thoroughly enjoyed school, DC, and my friends I have met up here I am quick to say I will be glad to be done with school. It has been a great journey and a huge test of my call to ministry. I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who are on this same journey and are experiencing the same things. We worry about where we will serve in ministry. We worry about how we will be as leaders. There is a lot of worry and stress that goes into becoming a leader. The greatest lesson I have learned is that I have to depend on God. As God tells Moses, Jeremiah, "I will be with you." We are just the vessels to which God will be using us and speaking through us.

Last week I went down to SC for my provisional exams. In this process I have submitted work to four different committees in October. Then last week I had oral interviews with the four committees to discuss my work. Basically discussing my theology, thoughts on my call, how I would teach, and how I would proclaim God's word. Some pretty tricky stuff to meet with a board of people about. I definitely felt God with me throughout the whole thing. After a draining afternoon I discovered I passed 3 out of 4 committees. This means that I will come back and redo some work for the last committee. This means that if all goes well in April I will be commissioned, which means yes you can call me Rev. KtB. I may get that on a license plate, nah jk...that would look weird on a camaro.

It has been interesting and fun to tell my story of this part of my journey. Especially to the youth I work with. It has been great to hear love and support from dear friends and family. I am still eyeing for jobs back in SC, and can't wait to get back. It will be kind of strange to return. Being away for 3 years I have felt that many of my friends have treated me like I have disappeared off of the face of the earth. Hopefully I can restore that when I get back.

No comments: